Indian Style Bread Pudding
Shahi Tukda is a family favorite sweet dish all the way from India. The recipe is too delicious and easy as well. This is something you can make all a sudden without any kind of planning and with the readily available ingredients of your pantry. Yesterday I made this without any plan. All a sudden i felt like eating some..
Let’s start the new year with a sweet note. So this Shahi Tukda is going to be the first post of the year in the blog. InshaAllah, hope to post many more recipes this year.Let me thank you all once again for all the support and love you all gave me all these years.Looking forward to treat you all with more yummy and easy recipes :).
Let’s check the recipe:
For the Sugar Syrup:
- Sugar- 1/2 cup
- Water- 1 cup
- Cardamom – 4 ( crushed )
- Rose Water- 1/4 Teaspoon
For the milk Syrup / Rabri:
- Milk- 3/4 Cup
- Sugar- 1/4 cup
- Sweet condensed milk- 2 tablespoon
- Almonds- a handful( finely chopped )
- Pistachio- a handful( finely chopped )
- Saffron- a pinch ( mixed with 2 teaspoon hot water)
- Rose water- 1/2 Teaspoon
For the Pudding:
- Bread- 5 -6 slices ( cut diagonally and remove the side)
- Ghee- enough for deep frying the bread slices ( I used almost 6 teaspoons)
- Almond and Pistachio- finely chopped ( for final garnishing)
How to make:
- First of all lets make the sugar syrup. Boil all the ingredients together in a pan till it becomes thick and sticky. Keep it aside once it reaches the required consistency.
- Now lets make the milk syrup. Heat a pot with milk and sugar.Stir it gently in low flame.Once the milk starts boiling add all the other ingredients and slightly increase the flame. Stir it continuously to avoid the milk sticking to the bottom of the pot. Switch off the flame when the milk syrup becomes a bit thick and keep it aside.
- Now heat a pan with ghee and fry the bread slices till it becomes golden brown and crisp.
- Now dip the bread slices in sugar syrup. Quickly take it outside and keep it on the serving dish. (If you want really crisp bread slices, then you can avoid this step of dipping in sugar syrup).
- Now sprinkle some chopped almonds and pistachios over the bread slices. Last step, pour the rabri / milk syrup and serve it .
I hope you loved the recipe. Do give a try and let me know how it was. Would love to see the pictures of your dish as well.
Don’t forget to pin the recipe for future.