Kaddu Ka Halwa
Diwali – Festival of lights and happiness!! Happy Diwali my dear friends.. I hope all are enjoying this festive season with your loved ones..Any festival would be incomplete without a dessert..So here comes my Diwali special sweet treat to you all..
Halwa is a very popular Indian dessert. There are a wide variety of halwa recipes. This Diwali I tried to blend the basic halwa recipe along with pumpkin and rose flavor.The outcome was a super rich dessert . My friends and family loved it.
Let’s check the recipe:
- Pumpkin(ripe)-1 medium sized (grated)
- Milk- 2 cups
- Sugar powder / sugar- 2 cups
- Sweet condensed milk- 1/2 tin
- Rose water- 2 tablespoon
- Saffron- a pinch ( soak it in 2 tablespoon milk at least for an hour)
- Pistachio- a handful( finely chopped )
- Almond- a handful ( finely chopped )
- Ghee- 4 tablespoon
How to make:
- Now heat a wok and pour ghee.Once it turns hot ,add the grated pumpkin and saute well in the ghee for 5-6 minutes at medium flame.
- Now add sugar to the pumpkin and mix it well . Cook it for another 5 – 6 minutes.By this time water will start coming from the pumpkin..Then slightly how to order tramadol online increase the flame and add soaked saffron, milk , half the quantity of condensed milk, rose water and stir well.
- Now cook this for 8-10 minutes on medium flame.We have to stir it continuously without fail in order to prevent the halwa from sticking to the bottom.
- Now add the rest of the condensed milk, chopped almonds and pistachios.Stir continuously till the mixture becomes thick and well cooked. Most probably it will take 12-15 minutes to reach the desired consistency.
- Once the pumpkin becomes soft and tender, switch off the flame and add more chopped dry fruits for garnishing and serve it hot..
So our rose flavored pumpkin halwa is ready..
The pumpkin halwa came out really great , much beyond my expectation. I hope you all will give a try to this recipe.
Also do let me know how it was and do send me the photos as well of the dish.. I would be happy to publish your photos in my instagram stories..
Don’t forget to pin the recipe for future.