“Semolina/ Rava Areeram” is a sweet snack recipe all the way from Kerala.So here is my Eid treat to all my dear friends..
My mom is a person who follows traditions to a great extend.. She just cherishes all her childhood memories in a big family with 8 siblings..I grew up hearing her childhood funny stories and sibling fights.. For my mom, Eid is something very close to her heart..She got lot of fond memories associated with Eid.. Even now she tries to recreate those good moments by preparing some of the goodies which her mom used to make..She made this areeram on the eid eve, despite of her health condition..
Semolina/ rava areeram is a deep fried sweet snack which can be done in no time. The recipe requires few ingredients and it is vegan as well. This areeram looks similar to mini doughnuts.
Let’s check the recipe:
- Roasted Semolina- 1+1/2 cups
- Sugar- 1/2 cup
- Coconut- 1/2 cup
- Water- 1 cup
- Oil- enough for deep frying
How to make:
- First of all mix coconut, semolina and sugar in a bowl.Then keep the water for boiling in a big pot. Once it starts boiling, add the semolina mixture to the water and give a nice stir with the backside of a spatula.The semolina should be cooked nicely and it should turn into a thick dough.
- Later switch off the flame and place the dough on a plate and knead it using your hands. The dough should be soft by then.
- Once the dough is done, we can make small lemon sized balls out of it and do it like how it is shown in the image. It resembles mini doughnuts.
- Then heat a pan with enough oil and deep fry the areerams to golden brown. Once it is done, place it above a bed of tissue paper.
Serve it along your favorite drink, tea or coffee. If stored in air tight containers, these rava areerams can be stored for 3-5 days .
Do give a try to this recipe and enjoy..
Don’t forget to pin the recipe for future.