Kerala Andi Unda
I am really happy to share this recipe of this Kerala style cashew coconut balls (andi unda ) with you all. This is a family favorite recipe . My hubby always asks my mom to make this cashew- coconut balls for him. The recipe is oil free, vegan and requires very less time for preparation.
You can store these balls in an air tight container and it will last for more than a week without any problem.
So let’s check the recipe:
- Parboiled Rice- 1.5 cup
- Coconut- 1 cup ( grated )
- Cashew nuts- 1 cup
- Jaggery- 3 big pieces ( powdered )
(Note : with this quantity I made 16 balls)
How to make :
- Heat a pan, let it heat. Then add the raw rice to this. Stir it nicely till the rice becomes golden brown. Later switch off the flame and let it cool.
- Now let’s prepare cashew nuts. Heat a pan, add cashew nuts and stir it nicely till it changes its color slightly.
- Once the rice is cool enough, add it in a blender and make it to a coarsely grained powder form.
- Now do the same with cashew nuts also.
- Later mix all the powdered ingredients and coconut in a plate. Mix it nicely with your hands.
- Then add this in a processor and give a pulse . Now all the ingredients might be mixed, but still mix all the ingredients with your hand too.
- Now here comes the last step of the recipe . Take small lemon sized balls from the mixture and make to small equal sized balls.
Our easy andi unda/ Cashew- Coconut balls are ready.. I am sure that kids as well as adults will love this authentic Kerala sweet recipe.
Don’t forget to pin the recipe for future.