On my lazy days I always had some kind of one pot recipes for the rescue. I learnt most of them from my dad, who is a master of one pot meals. Today I am going to share one of my favorite one pot recipe with you all, all the way from India. The highlight is that the recipe is vegetarian as well. I hope you might have understood, which is the recipe..
It is none other than Indian Vegetable Pulao. I love vegetable pulao. It is kind of comfort food for me. For me veg pulao paired with Indian pickle and raita is nothing less than a feast. So few days back I prepared this vegetable pulao for lunch under the guidance of my dad.
Another highlight of the recipe is that it is vegan as well. So if you are a vegan, you can add this to your list.
Let’s check the recipe:
- Potato – 2 ( chopped)
- Cauliflower- 1/2 ( cut to florets and soak in warm water for few minutes and later drain the water)
- Carrot- 1 ( chopped)
- Soya chunks- 1/4 cup ( put in warm water for 5 minutes and later squeeze out the water content from it)
- Onion- 1 (sliced)
- Tomato- 1 ( sliced)
- Green Chilly- 4/5 ( sliced )
- Garlic-6 cloves ( crushed )
- Ginger- 1 inch piece ( crushed )
- Oil- 2 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tablespoon
- Garam masala powder– 1/2 teaspoon
- Whole garam masala -( cloves-4, cardamoms-4, cinnamon stick-1, bay leaf-2 ,fennel seeds- 1/4 teaspoon)
- Basmati Rice- 2 cups ( wash and drain the excess water from it )
- Water- 4 cups
- Salt- as per required
How to make:
- Heat the pot in which you are going to make the pulao. Pour oil and add the whole garam masla . Saute it nicely and then add onion, green chilies. Give a nice stir and later add the rest of the vegetables and soya chunks along with some salt. Cook this for 6-8 minutes on medium flame with lid closed. Stir it occasionally.
- Later add ginger, garlic,turmeric powder, garam masala powder too. Saute it nicely and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Make sure the vegetables are not sticking to the bottom. Then pour water. Give a nice stir and cook this on medium flame with lid closed. Let the water boil.
- Once the water is boiled, we can add the rice. Mix it nicely with all the vegetables. Let it cook under medium flame for 5-6 minutes. Stir occasionally and add more garam masala powder if needed. Close the lid, once the water content starts to reduce.Simmer the flame and cook this for 10-15 minutes with some heavy object over the lid.
- Switch off the flame once it is time. Let it sit for at least 15 minutes and later you can stir it nicely before serving.
So our vegetable pulao is ready. Serve it hot along with raita and pickle.I hope the recipe was helpful for you all. Do tell me when you give a try to this Indian vegetable pulao.
Don’t forget to pin and share the recipe.