First of all let me tell you, this creamy tuna sandwich is the easiest sandwich I have ever made. Every night before sleeping I would be planning what to pack for Lunch box the next day.. I am sure that’s a daily ritual for all of us. But last night because of a bad headache, I slept early without making any Lunch box planning.
Today morning I woke up with the same headache. But it was far better than last night. So thought of making something quick for hubby. Luckily I found a tin of light meat Tuna and a packet brown bread in the pantry shelf. Then I don’t know how quickly things happened. So that was the story behind this Creamy Tuna Sandwiches.
This is the first time I am posting a recipe without a detailed step by step recipe images. I was not actually planning to post the recipe today. But the sandwich came out really great. So thought of sharing with you all. InshaAllah, next time when I am preparing tuna sandwich , I will update this post with step by step images.
Let’s check the recipe:
- Light Meat Tuna- 1 tin
- Mayonnaise- 3 tablespoon
- Tomato- 1 ( sliced round and thin)
- Spicy Green Sliced Olives- 2 tablespoon
- Hot Sauce- 1 tablespoon
- Mozzarella Cheese- a handful (grated)
- Brown Bread – 8 slices
- Lettucemake- 2- 3 leaves ( cut to square pieces)
(NOTE: With this quantity of ingredients I made 4 sandwiches, which I sliced to half and served.)
How to make:
- In a bowl add tuna( without the oil content), olives, mayonnaise , mozzarella cheese and hot sauce. Mix it nicely using a fork. Then keep it aside.
- Now take the bread slices. Place lettuce over the bread slice as the first layer. Later spread the tuna mixture evenly over this as the second layer.
- Then place 2 tomato slices over the tuna spread and finish it off with a slice of bread. Repeat this for all the bread slices.
- Now heat a pan ( keep it on medium flame) . Place the sandwiches in the pan and press it with the spatula.After 2-3 minutes, flip and press the other side too. Don’t burn the bread. Continue this for all sandwiches.
- Slice half or diagonally as per your wish and serve.
I used a big pan, so at a time I grilled two sandwiches . Thus saved some time. If you want , you can grill the sandwiches instead. Normally I used to grill. But today I preferred making it in a pan. Today I was really happy, because without much effort I served a yummy breakfast which my family loved.
If you are particular with the smell of Tuna, be careful while choosing the brand. I always try to take less smelly ones. Light meat tuna is my favorite.
I hope you will love the creamy tuna sandwich.Don’t forget to share and pin this easy recipe which you can try on busy / lazy mornings.