Persian Raspberry Mini trifles! Yes, you heard it right. This dessert was absolutely delicious and looked gorgeous. The creamy textured pudding with the Persian flavors and raspberry was something really new to our taste buds. It’s after a while I am posting a dessert recipe. I just love making trifles. Layering different ingredients inside a glass is real fun.
From past few weeks I was planning to make this trifle and last weekend finally it happened.This dessert completely made our weekend.In this recipe I used homemade Persian pudding and store bought almond pound cake. Another best thing about the recipe is that , I thoroughly enjoyed clicking these photos. Ever since summer vacation started, I am more into food photography and food styling. I hope you all liked the pictures.
So let’s check the recipe:
For Persian Pudding:
- Milk- 1.5 liter
- Rose water- 2.5 tablespoon
- Egg yolk-3
- Granulated sugar- 1 cup
- Corn starch- 3 tablespoon
- Rose water- 2 tablespoon
- Saffron – a pinch
- Warm water- 3 tablespoon
- Raspberry – a handful
- Persian Pudding
- Pound cake- 1 (sliced )
- Dried rose buds- for garnishing
(NOTE: The quantity of corn starch can be adjusted depending on how thick the pudding should be. I kept it medium thick)
How to make:
- Let’s make the pudding first. In a sauce pan ,boil milk in low flame. In a bowl, add the egg yolk and granulated sugar. Beat till it turns to a creamy texture.Then add rose water and continue beating.After 2-3 minutes, add cornstarch and beat for another few minutes.
- To this creamy mixture, pour 3-4 tablespoon of warm milk and mix well. Later pour this mixture to boiling milk (low flame) and stir it gently to a thick texture. It will take at least 6-8 minutes to get the thick consistency.Once it is done, switch off the flame and let it cool at room temperature.
- Now let’s make the trifle.Mix saffron, warm water and rose water in a bowl. Also mash the raspberries and keep it aside. Dip the pound cake slices in the saffron- rose water mixture and place it in serving glasses as the bottom layer. This will give good flavor and moisture to the pound cake.
- Later fill the serving glasses with Persian pudding and top it with the raspberry mixture. And top it with another layer of pudding to the top.
- Garnish the glasses with dried rose petals. Refrigerate the trifles for at least 3 hours to make it thick.
Serve it and enjoy the combination of rich Persian pudding with raspberry mixture.
I hope you all liked the recipe and do give it a try. Sharing is caring.Please do pin the recipe for future.