Mushroom Matar Cooked in Coconut Milk Curry
So I decided to stuff my blog with some vegetarian recipes too. Because some of my readers were constantly asking for vegetarian recipes, especially the ones pairs well with Chapathi/roti. Mushroom and matar / peas are a good combination.. I made this combination even more special with the addition of coconut milk..Something interesting for vegans as well.It was really yummy.. Actually I made this dish long back, but now only this is making it to the blog..
So let’s check the recipe..
- Mushroom- 1 tin or as per needed (sliced)
- Matar/ peas-1/2 bowl frozen / fresh( I used frozen peas )
- Onion-1 (chopped )
- Ginger- 1/2 inch piece( chopped )
- Garlic- 5-6 cloves (chopped)
- Coconut Milk – Fresh or the one made with coconut milk powder
- Tomato- 1 (chopped)
- Cilantro leaves- a small bunch ( chopped)
- Red chilly powder- 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Coriander powder- 1/2 tablespoon
- Oil-2 tablespoon
- Salt- as per required
How to make:
- Heat a wok/pan , add oil. Once it is hot, add chopped ginger , garlic and onion. Saute it for 2-3 minutes and let it cook for few minutes till the onion becomes soft and tender.
- Now add all the spice powders, salt and chopped tomatoes.Mix it thoroughly and cook for another 2-3 minutes .
- Once the tomato masala is done, add the mushrooms and let it cook well with the masala for 4-5 minutes on medium flame with lid closed.
- When the mushrooms are half cooked, we can add the peas. Mix it well. Add more salt and spice powders if required.Cook this for 3-4 minutes with lid closed on medium flame.
- Now let’s add the final and the key ingredient of the recipe- Coconut milk. If you are using the Coconut powder, follow the instructions in the packet and prepare the milk. If you are using the fresh coconut milk, try to keep the milk thick, so that you can reduce the water content of the curry and keep it creamy.
- After adding the milk, stir well cook this in low flame for 4-5 minutes with lid closed. Once it is done,add cilantro leaves and you can off the flame.
Now serve this yummy curry along with rice / chapathi. I am sure this would be something new to your taste buds. My family loved it.. Even my not so veggie fan hubby too approved this recipe:)