So the first week of Ramadan is over.I hope all our prayers and fast be accepted in this Holy month.This is my first post of the month and first post during this Ramadan too. I am really happy to hear that my previous recipe post 30+ Ramadan Recipe Round up , was really helpful to you all. And the day I published this recipe round up was the best day of my blog as it reached the maximum number of views in a single day. That was really inspiring and encouraging..
Once again THANK YOU FRIENDS FOR THIS LOVE..
Now here is another Iftar recipe which is a typical Malabari snack- KOZHI ADA..I love to eat kozhi ada from my favorite bakeries back in Kerala. But that is another kind of Kozhi ada with a dry filling. This recipe is not that dry like what you get from the bakery.This is the homemade version of Kozhi ada with a soft chicken filling inside and that too a different kind of filling from the usual one. This ramadan so far whatever snacks I prepared for Iftar, almost all the recipes are there already in the blog.So this is the first item from this Ramadan that is making it to the blog.
Let’s check the recipe:
For Chicken Filling:
- Chicken – 1 boneless piece ( minced )
- onion- 1 (finely chopped)
- green chilies- 2 (finely chopped)
- cilantro leaves-a small bunch(finely chopped)
- Red chilly powder-1/2 spoon
- turmeric powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder– 1/2 teaspoon
- Kasmiri chilly powder
- Coriander powder-1/2 spoon
- Ginger- 1/2 inch piece (finely chopped)
- Garlic- 4/5 cloves (finely chopped)
- Kasoori Methi- 1 spoon (Crushed)
- Black Pepper powder- 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt- as per needed
- Oil- 2 spoons
- Atta / Wheat Flour- 1/4 cup
- Maida / All purpose Flour- 1/2 cup
- Water- as per required
- Salt- as per needed
- Oil- enough to deep fry the snack
How to make:
- First of all,lets prepare the chicken filling. Heat a pan, add oil. Then add chopped ginger and garlic.Saute it well for 2 minutes. To this add onion and green chilies. Stir gently along with some salt.Cook for 4-5 minutes
- Now add all the spice powders and kasoori methi leaves to the pan. Stir it for few minutes. Once the rawness of the spice is gone, we can add the minced chicken to the pan. Add more salt and stir well till the chicken becomes completely cooked and scrambled.If needed add few drops of water and cook this with the lid closed for 4-5 minutes on low flame.
- Once the chicken is ready , add cilantro leaves and switch off the flame.
Now let’s make the dough for the snack.
- Knead all the above mentioned ingredients into a soft dough and keep it for 10-15 minutes wrapped inside a cling wrap or something.
- Now, from the dough make small lemon sized balls and roll it.
- Now place the chicken filling inside the roti and wrap it like shown in the image and seal the edges in any pattern as per your wish.
- Once the filling and sealing gets over, let’s heat the oil .I used a small kind of wok. You can use any kind of vessel as per convenience.
- Once the oil is hot, deep fry the ada and keep it over tissue paper to remove access oil from it.
So Kozhi Ada is ready..Serve it hot along with any kind of sauce or ketchup.
(If you are not sure about the sealing pattern you can seal the edges using a fork. Also be careful while deep frying!!)