Grilled Pineapple-King Fish Skewers in Spicy Spinach Marinade
I am pretty sure that, what you would be thinking!! What kind of recipe is this,RIGHT??? Yes, this is a complete healthy recipe with a twist. Pineapple and Spinach are the two key ingredients of the recipe. And the outcome was also equally different and good..My husband loved thhe grilled pineapple pieces rather than the Fish cubes:)! It was really nice to eat the sweet and spicy pineapple pieces
The main reason behind developing this recipe is Angie’s Fiesta Friday Healthy challenge with Pineapple and greens. So it took me almost 2 weeks to decide what to prepare for the Challenge. And finally ended up in this Pineapple- King Fish Kebabs/ grilled King fish skewers with spicy spinach marinade. So a big kudos to Angie for making me to think something out of the box.
Actually the main reason behind creating this healthy recipe and to participate in the challenge is that , I loved this badge..It’s so colorful, different and pleasant.I fell in love with this badge , when I saw this for the first time in Angie’s Awesome blog- Fiesta Friday! So finally I got a chance to color my blog with this cute little badge.
Now let’s check the Healthy Recipe which i created using Pineapple and Green.
- King Fish- 500 grams( in cube shape without skin)
- Pineapple- 1 small( chopped into thick cube pieces like fish)
- olive oil- for brushing the grilling pan
- Lemon-1 small ( sliced thin)
For the marinade:
- Baby spinach- a handful
- onion-1 (sliced)
- Red chilly flakes- 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilly powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Kashmiri chilly powder-1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder-1/2 spoon
- Garlic-6 cloves
- Ginger-1/2 inch piece
- Lemon juice – of 1 small lemon
- salt- as per needed
(Note : you will need a grilling pan , oven and skewers for this recipe)
How to make:
- First of all clean the king fish cubes and keep it in a bed of tissue paper in order to remove the water content.
- Then put all the ingredients for the marinade together in a microwave safe bowl and mix well.Then microwave this for 2 minutes and take it out.Later blend it smoothly in a blender without any water content.
- Now apply the marinade into king fish and pineapples. Keep this in the refrigerator at least for 2 hours. If you are keeping it overnight then it would be more tasty..
- Now take the skewers and start inserting the marinated fish , pineapple and sliced lemon pieces anyway you like.
- Now heat the grilling pan and brush some olive oil over and grill the Kebabs / Pineapple-King Fish skewers on all the sides for total 5 minutes.
- And then transfer this grilled fish-pineapple kebabs into a baking tray and bake it for 10 minutes at 180 degree, so that all the sides will get well cooked . Please don’t forget to brush few drops of olive oil in the tray before baking.
- Then take the skewers outside and serve it hot..Squeeze more lemon for extra taste.
So our yummy Grilled King Fish-Pineapple kebabs/ skewers with Spicy spinach marinade is ready!!
I hope you liked this healthy fish skewer recipe.