Chicken Chukka- Spicy Chicken in Thick Dry Masala
None of us wants to eat the same kind of food every time..All are looking for varieties in food, right?? So here is a new recipe with chicken-RESTAURANT STYLE CHICKEN CHUKKA. I tasted chicken chukka for the first time from an Indian restaurant at Qatar.And still I can’t forget that taste..It was truly awesome:)!!
So through this recipe I have tried my level best to recreate the same taste of Chicken Chukka I tasted that day..And the best thing about the recipe is that all Desi Indian ingredients are used.
So let’s check the recipe:
For Chicken Chukka:
- Chicken – 500 grams
- Shallots-250 grams
- Ginger- 1/2 inch piece( finely chopped )
- Garlic-10-12 cloves( finely chopped)
- Green chilly-3
- Red chilly- 3
- Curry leaves- a handful
- Kashmiri chilly powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder-1 spoon
- Garam masala powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Turmuric powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds- 1/4 tespoon
- salt-as per needed
- oil-2 spoon
For Marinating Chicken:
- Red chilly Powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Kashmiri chilly powder-1 spoon
- Coriander powder-1/2 spoon
- Graram Masala powder-1/2 teaspoon
- salt-as per needed
- lemon juice-of 1 small lemon
- ginger & garlic paste- 1/2 spoon
How to make:
- mix all the ingredients for marinating the chicken with few drops of water and apply it on the chicken pieces.And let it sit for at least 1 hour. The more you keep it, the more tastier it would be..
- Now heat a wok/ pan.. Add oil. then splutter mustard seeds and later add red chilies, green chilies , ginger, garlic and curry leaves. Saute it nicely in the oil till the good smell comes out..
- Then add the shallots and stir well.Once the shallots become soft and tender, add all the spice powders. And mix all the ingredients together.
- Now let it cook for 2-3 minutes.Then add the marinated chicken pieces and stir gently. Add more salt if needed.Then cook this with the lid closed in medium flame for 8-10 minutes. In between don’t forget to stir.
- once the chicken is cooked , cook the curry without the lid in high flame till it becomes dry..Keep on stirring till it reaches the required dry consistency.
- add few drops of oil in the top and off the flame.
so our Restaurant style Chicken Chukka is ready ..I hope you all loved the recipe..Please don’t forget to pin the recipe for future use.
I served Chicken Chukka with hot soft chapathis.. It tasted so good and yummy along with some onion rings and lemon juice squeezed on the top:)!! I am taking this yummy South Indian Chicken recipe to my friends at Fiesta Friday blog party and Miz Helen’s Country Cottage party too.