Indian Sweet Dish Halwa With Apple:
Happy New Year Everyone….Let this year be a good one to all of us with happiness and prosperity..
Here I am starting my 2017 with a sweet dish and that too an unusual sweet dish with a favorite fruit of all of us!! Yes, Halwa with Apple..If you are an Indian Cuisine lover you might have seen different varieties of Halwa recipes. My personal favorite is Carrot Halwa. Few years back I have posted the recipe of Carrot halwa which can also be turned into Carrot ladoos.
So let me tell you, how I ended up making Apple Halwa. Few days back there was a potluck at my friends’ place and I was thinking of making something with apple. And at the same time I badly wanted to eat carrot halwa. Then the idea of blending apple and Halwa came to my mind. So the new recipe was born:)
The Apple Halwa was a real surprise to my friends who are from North side of India. All of them loved it. Even my family loved it.
So let’s check the recipe:
- condensed milk- 1/2 tin
- Desi ghee / Butter- 2 spoon
- sugar-1 cup
- milk-1/2 glass
- cardamom -6
- almonds-a handful(finely chopped )
How to make:
- First of all grate the apple after peeling off the skin. And crush the cardamom and keep it aside.
- Now heat a wok and pour ghee or butter. Let it become hot. Then add the grated apple and saute well in the ghee. Keep the flame medium. Continue this for 5-6 minutes.
- Now add sugar, crushed cardamom and mix it well with the apple.cook it for another 5 minutes. Then water will start coming from the dish..so this time you can slightly increase the flame and add half the quantity of condensed milk and stir well.
- Now to this add milk and cook for 8-10 minutes on medium flame.We have to stir the things continuously without fail otherwise the bottom portion may burn.
- Now add the rest of the condensed milk and half of the chopped almonds.Stir it continuously till the mixture becomes thick and well cooked. Most probably it will take 12-15 minutes to reach the desired consistency.
- Once the cooking is done off the flame and add more chopped almonds for garnishing.
So our Apple Halwa is ready..You can serve it hot.. If needed add a scoop of ice cream to make it more yummy.That is my favorite way of eating Halwa, along with the ice cream..I am taking this sweet treat to Fiesta Friday , Hope all my dear friends over there will love this Apple Halwa..
I hope you all will give a try to this new taste of apple.And it was worth all the effort. If you want more quantity , you have to increase the amount of apples and the other ingredients too..Don’t forget to pin the recipe for future:)