Garam Masala Powder recipe
I’m a person who is absolutely in love with Indian Spices..Even if I’m preparing International cuisines, I prefer adding a bit of Indian spices in order to customize the recipe according to our taste buds.. If you have gone through my previous posts, it would be visible..And every time I used to get queries from my non-Indian readers / fellow bloggers regarding the garam masala recipe..
So this post is especially for them who were eager to know the recipe of homemade garam masala powder.. From past so many days I was planning to do this post, and now finally it is happening..
I’m not sure how my other Indian friends are making Garam masala powder at home..But this is my version of garam masala recipe..Feel free to give your suggestions and ideas..Most of the time, my mom or dad used to make this awesome spice mix for me.. So whenever it gets over, I will make it..And the last bottle of garam masala powder which they made was when they visited us here in Qatar few months back..
here are some recipes with the link to the same, buy drugs online tramadol which i could not have imagined without this garam masala powder:
- Hyderabadi shrimp biryani
- Naadan Varutharacha Chicken Curry
So let’s check the quick recipe:
- Cloves-2 tablespoon
- Cinnamon- 2 Sticks
- Cardamom- 2 tablespoon
- Star anise- 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds-1 tablespoon
- Pepper – 3/4 tablespoon
- Bay leaves-4/5 leaves
(note: with this quantity of spices, I made approximately 100 grams of garam masala powder)
How to make:
- Heat a pan , keep it in medium flame.add all the ingredients to the pan except the bay leaves..saute it gently for 6-8 minutes till it changes the color and good aroma of the spices should be coming by then.
- Now add the last ingredient- Bay leaves and saute it for another 3-4 minutes.
- Later off the flame and let it cool for sometime..
- Then blend all the spices together to a smooth powder like consistency..
so Homemade Garam Masala is ready..Serve it to an air tight container and store it..
I hope those who have not made this awesome Indian spice mix yet at home , will give it a try..Do spice up your dishes in this festive month …