Cajun Chicken Fajita Quesadilla
I hope planning lunchbox menu is a big deal for everyone.. We have to consider certain factors such as healthy ingredients, easiness to prepare, easy to eat from school / work place..
For me Quesadilla is a favorite lunchbox item, in which I can stuff all kind of healthy ingredients so that my picky eating family would eat them.. And every month at least once I used to prepare Quesadilla.. I always try to keep Tortillas readily available in my pantry shelf..
So this time rather than healthy I’m coming up with a tasty filling for quesadilla..that is Cajun spiced chicken fajita filling !! And it came out really yum..The filling you can prepare overnight and keep in refrigerator.. Later in the morning just microwave it and stuff inside the tortillas!! this is my second quesadilla post.the other one was a Tuna- Green Peas Quesadilla
So here’s the recipe:
- Chicken-1 boneless piece
- Red pepper/ red capsicum- 1/4 ( sliced)
- Yellow pepper/ yellow capsicum-1/4 ( sliced )
- Green pepper / green capsicum- 1/4 (sliced )
- Cajun spice powder-2 spoon
- Green chilly sauce- 1 spoon
- Black Pepper powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Lemon juice-of 1 lemon
- White Onion-1/2 ( sliced)
- Mayonnaise-as per needed( I used Chilly Mayo)
- Mozzarella cheese-1/2 cup ( shredded)
- Cheddar cheese slice-2
- Mushroom-6 ( sliced )
- Oil-2 spoon
How to make:
1) first of all marinate the chicken piece with half the quantity of Cajun powder , black pepper powder and lemon juice.. Keep it covered in the refrigerator at least for an hour..I kept it overnight.
And just before cooking chop it finely..
2)heat the pan and add oil , put onion and peppers to it..saute it well for 4-5 minutes along with salt in medium flame..
3)now add chicken and Cajun powder to the pan and then stir it nicely.. Cook till chicken and veggies become soft and tender..later add mushrooms and green chilly sauce..
If needed add more salt and Cajun powder.
now off the flame and keep it aside for filling inside the tortilla..
4)apply mayonnaise in the tortilla and spread it event using a spoon or knife..later sprinkle mozzarella cheese and few pieces of cheddar cheese slice.
5) Then place the chicken fajita filling on one half of the tortilla and close it from the other side.. Repeat this for all tortillas..
6)now grill these stuffed tortillas in a grill machine or cook both the sides in a pan..