Kerala Style Stir Fried Brussel Sprouts With Crushed Coconut
Yessss!!! Brussel Sprouts cooked in Kerala style..another cooking experiment of mine, combining cute little Brussel Sprouts all the way from Belgium, with a Kerala dish!! And I was overjoyed while serving this recipe to my family for lunch..
It was done very quickly without much trouble..Chopping was the only main job in this recipe..But I do enjoy chopping veggies a lot..so it was fun for me..
If you like thoran , then here is one more Thoran recipe with Cauliflower..
now let’s check the recipe:
- Brussel sprouts- around 20 (sliced thin)
- Coconut -1/4 cup ( grated )
- Cumin seeds-1/2 teaspoon
- Green chilies-3
- Red chilies-3
- Mustard seeds-1/4 teaspoon
- shallots- a handful( crushed )
- Coconut oil-2 spoon
- urad dal- 1 spoon
How to make:
1) first of all crush the coconut, cumin seeds and green chilies well together. And keep it aside..
2)now heat a wok, add coconut oil and splutter urad dal and later mustard seeds..saute it nicely..
3) To this add the crushed shallots..mix everything together nicely..
4)now add brussel sprouts and mix with the rest of the ingredients.. If needed add more salt.. Stir well and cook with the lid closed..
5) occasionally stir it and cook till it becomes soft and tender..
6)when it is cooked, add the final ingredient Crushed coconut mixture.. Stir well and cook for 4-5 mins more with the lid closed..
7)off the flame when it is done..
And the experiment was quite satisfying and too yumm.. it was a hit in the dining table during lunch..
we had this brussel sprouts thoran with rice for lunch and the leftover thoran was served with roti for dinner as well..my family loved it..
I hope you all will give a try to this Fusion Food .. I’m taking this recipe to Fiesta Friday party..