Independence Day Special Tricolor Cupcake
Happy Independence Day to all Indians out there!! And here is an Independence Day special Tricolor Cupcake with Buttercream Frosting !!
Baking a tricolor Cupcake was a real challenge for me.. As I have mentioned in one of my old blog post, I’m not a great Baking person ??!! Baking savory dishes are completely okay for me..But I will not give up, my cake baking experiments still continues !!
Recently I changed my oven.. I have baked Roasted Chicken in the new oven 2-3 times.. Recipe coming soon..
This is the first time , I’m baking a cake in the new oven.. And here is the cupcake recipe with Butter cream frosting , which is our favorite!!
- All purpose flour- 1 + 1/2 cup
- Granulated sugar-1 cup
- Milk-3/4 cup
- Unsalted Butter -200 gram( at room temperature)
- Vanilla essence-2-3 drops
- Baking powder-1 teaspoon
- Salt-a pinch
- Green color-as per the color required ( I used a little, because I don’t prefer using artificial color in food )
For Buttercream Frosting :
- Unsalted Butter-200 gram
- Icing sugar-1 + 1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence-2 drops
- Orange color-as per the color required
I made 18 small sized cupcakes with this batter and frosting.. so change the measurements accordingly!!
How to make:
1)first of all, mix all in a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together except sugar and keep it aside..
2) In a mixing bowl, beat the butter till fluffy.. When it’s done add granulated/ powdered sugar.. Beat till both the ingredients mix up well..
3)then start adding the mixed flour in batches..add the first batch and beat.. Later add some milk and beat.. continue doing this till you add all the flour and milk..and finish it off with vanilla essence ..
so our cake where to buy ultram online batter is ready!!4)Now divide this to two equal portions!! In one portion of cake mixture we have to add the green color.. Let the other portion be in the same natural color..
5) now take the cupcake tray and put the liners inside it.. First fill the liners with green colored cake mixture with a scoop or spoon!! Add 3/4 spoon or scoop ( it depends on the size of the liner)!! Then pour the non colored cake mixture the same way..
6)now preheat the oven at 150 degree for 10 minutes.. And later bake the cupcakes for 15-20 minutes..do check after 10 minutes with a tooth pick.. If it is coming clear , take the cakes out of the oven and let it cool.,
I baked the cake at 150 degree for first 10 minutes and later I reduced the temperature to 120 in order to prevent the upper portion of the cupcake turning brown!!
(NB: the baking time may differ according to the oven which you are using)
7) now let’s start the icing!! In a large mixing bowl, add butter and beat till it become fluffy and soft.. Now add the icing sugar and beat nicely for 4-5 minutes.. Later add the vanilla essence and food color!! Beat till the frosting reached required consistency!!
This this I’m really happy with the frosting !!
8) now take the frosting set, add your favorite shape and do the icing!! This is the most exciting moment while baking a cake!! And this time I think , I was able to match up with my expectations !!
So one more time Independence day wishes to all Indians over there..I’m taking this to Angie’s Fiesta Friday Party co-hosted by