Healthy Black Chickpeas- Sweet Corn Salad:
This is one of the usual recipe which we prefer to eat during Ramadan ,while opening the fast. It’s very light to eat and at the same time packed with full of goodness..moreover requires less time for preparation😛! And of course, tastes yumm!! It will serve as a great lunch box recipe/ evening snack..
This recipe post is actually posted 2 years back, but it got lost when i updated my blog:(!! that’s why posting this yummy salad recipe one more time..
Each time we try to keep the salad exciting with the addition of new ingredients to it..so this time also added a new ingredient- Sweet Corn !! In my family all loves sweet corn except me, but still i added to make them happy..here is another Kerala style Creamy chickpeas curry recipe, if you are a chickpeas lover..
So here comes the recipe …
- Black chickpeas- 1+1/2 cup( soaked and then cooked with salt)
- Onion-3 ( finely chopped )( 1 for Tadka / seasoning & rest for garnishing)
- tomato-2( finely chopped )
- green bell pepper-1/2 ( finely chopped )
- Sweet corn-1/2 cup
- Cucumber-1( finely chopped )
- red chilly-3
- Mustard seeds-1/2 teaspoon
- Ginger-1 small pc( chopped )
- Turmeric powder-1/2 teaspoon
- red Chilly powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Oil-1 spoon
- curry leaves-a small bunch( chopped)
how to make:
1)heat the wok, add oil and splutter the mustard seeds and red chilies, ginger.. Soon add the onion and saute..
2)now add some salt and add the cooked chickpeas..Add the masala powders and cook well along with curry leaves and sweet corn..
3)off the flame when done!!
4)now change it to a serving dish..garnish it with all the chopped veggie stuff and mix well..
5)squeeze a lemon and mix together..
so the healthy – yummy black chickpeas salad is ready..the cooking part is very less in this recipe..you can add any vegetables as per wish..
serve it hot and stay healthy:)
I am taking this to Fiesta Friday party, hosted by Angie