Vegetable-Chicken Pepper Fry ( with leftover chicken )
Are you wondering what to do with the leftover chicken or any meat in the refrigerator from different preparations 🤔?? Here is a recipe to solve your problem..
I was having a small bowl of chilly chicken from last day’s take out and 2 pieces of marinated chicken !! If I am serving them as it is, surely it will not serve everyone.. So thought of bringing all together to a big meal..
Added lot of veggies to make the recipe rich and healthy.. And it was served as a great dinner ..all loved it!! This chicken Pepper fry will go well with Chapathi/ Roti/ pita bread..
So here is the quick recipe..
- Chicken -1(cut to small pieces) NB: I used leftover chicken both cooked and uncooked! Chopped the big pieces into small pieces ! Carrot-1 ( chopped )
- Potato-1 ( chopped )
- Onion- 2 ( chopped)
- Broccoli-1/4 ( sliced )
- Orange, green, yellow bell peppers-1/4 each ( chopped )
- Curry leaves- a handful
- Ginger-1/2 inch piece ( finely chopped)
- Garlic-3 cloves ( finely chopped)
- Cilantro leaves-a handful ( finely chopped)
- Black pepper powder- 1 1/2 spoon
- Red chilly powder-1/4 spoon
- Turmeric powder-1/2 spoon
- Garam masala powder-1 teaspoon
- green chilly-2( sliced)
- Tomato-1 ( chopped)
- Oil-2-3 spoon
- salt- as per needed
How to make:
1) heat the wok and pour oil, when it is hot.. First put the carrots and some curry leaves ,along with some salt for 2-3 minutes.. Then add potato. Sauté it for 2-3 minutes and cook in low flame with the lid closed for 5 minutes, so that it gets cooked..
2)later add onion, ginger & garlic,green chillies, broccoli to this.. And cook for another 3-4 minutes..then add the uncooked chicken pieces and mix well with the vegetables.. Cook this in low flame for 4 -5 minutes with lid closed..
3)now add all the spice powders, curry leaves,bell peppers and cooked chicken pieces.. Stir gently and cook for another 5 minutes with lid closed at low flame..
4)later add cilantro leaves and off the flame.. Add more salt if needed!
so Vegetable- Chicken pepper fry is ready.from scratch a wholesome meal is done easily..
do give it a try when you are confused thinking what to prepare with leftover ingredients!!here i am taking this recipe to Fiesta Friday#130, hosted by Angie and co-hosted by Judi @ cookingwithauntjuju and Petra @ Food Eat Love