Ravioli Lasagna / Ravioli Bake
Yes!! Ravioli Lasagna.. You heard it right dear!! Ravioli + Lasagna!! It is an awesome combination !! I’m a big fan of both the dishes.. ( not just me, my full family )!So why not to mix both the things together??
And the result was toooooo yummmmm!! Actually for Ifthar I ate this soon after opening my fast with dates and water..!! It was really tempting..
And my daughter gave me a thumbs up and a sweet kiss for making this.. So you can imagine the taste ! And she told me , ” Mumma it’s like pizza “!! Actually it’s true , the red sauce I made tasted like pizza sauce.. So that made her double happy..
This is my second Ravioli recipe in the blog.. First one was Chicken ravioli in coconut- Garlic sauce..
Now , let’s check the recipe:
For ravioli filling:
- Chicken Breast pieces-3 ( minced )
- Onion-1 ( finely chopped )
- Garlic – 4 cloves ( finely chopped )
- Cilantro Leaves-a handful ( finely chopped )
- Spring onion- 2/3 ( chopped)
- Garam masala powder-1 teaspoon
- Red chilly powder-1/2 spoon
- Coriander powder-1/2 spoon
- Pepper powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Olive oil -1 spoon
For Pasta sauce:
- Tomato paste-2 small packets
- Italian seasoning- 1 spoon
- Cilantro leaves- a handful ( chopped )
- Butter-25 gm
- Garlic -5 cloves ( minced )
- Chilly powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder-1/2 spoon
- Garam masala powder-1/2 teaspoon
For ravioli :
- All purpose flour-1 cup
- Olive oil – 2 spoon
- Pasta Suce
- Cilantro leaves- chopped
- Mozzarella cheese-as per needed ( be generous)
How to make:
1) first let’s prepare the filling for the ravioli..heat a pan, pour olive oil and then add all the chopped vegetables except Spring onion and saute well along with some salt..once it is transparent add all the spice powders and mix nicely.. And wait till the minced chicken gets cooked thoroughly.. Later finish it off with spring onion and off the flame..
2) now let’s make the dough for ravioli.. Mix all purpose flour, olive oil, egg , salt together and knead to a soft dough..
3) divide it to half and roll both of them into big size sheet.. Try to keep it not too thin or thick.. Later in one sheet , place the filling with some gap in between.( I don’t have a ravioli tray.. But I got the cutter, which I couldn’t use as its size is small and I needed lot of filling inside the ravioli )!!
4) then carefully place the second pasta sheet over the one with filling and join the sides of filling with hands.. Later cut it the shape you need with a knife and do the edges with a fork..
5) now next step is to cook the ravioli.. Heat a pot with water and let it boil.. Add few drops of olive oil and salt.. Put the ravioli’s to the boiling water and cook well.. Once it is done strain it to a plate and keep aside.. As I took a medium sized pot, I cooked then in batches..
6) now we are moving ahead with the pasta / red sauce.. Heat a pan ,add butter . Once it is done , add minced garlic and saute in butter.. Later add the tomato sauce , spice powders, cilantro leaves and 1/2 cup water, salt..mix all together and cook well for few minutes..off the flame once it is done
7) now let’s do the layering process of ravioli lasagna..first take a baking tray and give a coating of butter on it.. Later pour some pasta sauce and spread it evenly all over..
then place the ravioli’s and again pour some sauce all over it and finish it off with a bed of mozzarella cheese..repeat this till you finish the ravioli’s.. I mDe almost 18-20 ravioli’s.. So did 3 layers !!
9)then to the top layer pour rest of the sauce and sprinkle cheese generously along with some cilantro leaves.. Then bake this for 10-15 mins at 180 degree or till the cheese melts nicely ..
So our cheesy Ravioli Lasagna is ready!!
Serve it hot..
I hope all loved this yummy treat.. I’m sure your friends and family especially kids will love it like anything..