Chicken Enchiladas in Spicy White Sauce
Are you wondering what to prepare for Ifthar quickly?? Here is one easy recipe.. Go and grab the Tortilla packet laying there in the pantry shelf.. And some chicken pcs from the freezer ?!! And amaze your family and guests with yummy spicy Enchiladas ??!!
Actually we love this Mexican dish like anything.. And we used to order this from our favorite Mexican food outlet here at Qatar..here in this recipe I used a Filipino taste maker as well..
I’m sure that you all will give a try to this yummy Enchiladas.. Doesn’t matter If you already know the recipe , try this version of mine as well..?
So here is the recipe:
- Boneless chicken-4 pcs ( marinated with salt and pepper)
- Chicken boiled water- 1 1/2 cup( made using ADOBO recipe mix )
- Tortilla-3 big ( depends on the size of your dish in which you are going to make the final thing )
- Ginger & garlic -3 spoon ( finely chopped)
- Green chilly-2 ( finely chopped )
- Red chilly powder-1/2 spoon
- Garam masala powder-1 teaspoon
- Cilantro leaves- a handful ( finely chopped)
- All purpose flour-2/3 spoons
- Chilly flakes-1/2 spoon
- Onion-1 medium ( finely chopped )
- Tomato-1 big ( chopped )
- Olive oil-as per needed
- Butter-50 gm
- Mozzarella cheese-as per needed to make a bed of cheese at the top
How to make:
1) first of all let’s make the shredded chicken.. So heat a pot with water mixed with the ADOBO recipe mix (say 3-4 spoons) NB: if you don’t have the same one, can use any spice powders..
2) add the chicken pcs to this boiling water..
Let it get cooked well in that .. Once it is done, off the flame and take out the chicken pcs.. Don’t wash away the water..keep it aside..
3)now shred the chicken pcs finely..I used knife to do so.. You can use any method as per comfort..
4)now let’s make the filling for enchiladas.. Heat a pan.. Add olive oil and sauté onion, tomatoes, green chillies and half of chopped order tramadol online us ginger & garlic all together ( pretty easy no???).. Add some salt and cook this for 5-6 mins..
5) now add all the spice powders and mix well.. Cook this for few minutes.. Now add the chicken and some chicken stock as well to maintain moisture in the filling.. And cook this for 6-8 mins and off flame..
6) now we are starting with the white sauce..heat a pan , add butter and once it melts add the rest of the ginger-garlic , chilly flakes and sauté well.. To this add all purpose flour , little salt and stir well..Later add the chicken stock , stir it nicely so that there won’t be any lumps in the sauce., and let it cook for sometime .. Add a handful of cheese and stir the white sauce nicely and off the flame..
there is another white sauce recipe with lot of cheese in another post of Penne Pasta..
So spicy white sauce is ready.. Now let’s do the final steps..
7)keep the tortilla in a plate and place the filling inside it and roll it as shown in the image . As my tortillas were big I cut it to half in order to fit the pcs into the baking tray..also I applied some olive oil in the baking tray.
8) keep your tortilla rolls tightly packed in the tray.. Now let’s pour the spicy white sauce into this tray and let it get absorbed to the tortillas.. And finish it off with a generous layer of mozzarella cheese..
9) bake this in a preheated oven for 15-20 mins at 180 degrees .. The upper layer should be slightly brown ..
So our Chicken Enchiladas are ready.. And it was a super hit in the Ifthar table..even before Ifthar my daughter started eating it.. ?!!
So I hope all liked this recipe.. Do let me know about your valuable suggestions.. And don’t forget to send the pictures as well if you are trying it out ?!!