Aloo-Broccoli Parata ( Indian Flatbread stuffed with Potato & Broccoli)
Stuffed PARATAS are my family’s favorite recipe from North Indian Cuisine.. Among the category, Aloo Parata is the popular one.. And now a days I’m learning a lot more varieties of dishes from my Friends ..so you can expect more stuffed Parata recipes in the blog😊!!
Another important challenge I’m facing now is to make my li’l one eat healthy food.. And she is just like any normal kid, is a picky eater..She used to remove all the veggie stuff from her food and eat the rest!! and never used to eat Broccoli..
So I got an idea , how about stuffing potato and Broccoli inside Paratas 🤔😃!! And must say it was a great recipe.. Not just my daughter, even my Hubby dear loved the recipe.. And the lunch box finally returned empty💃🎉😆!! What else a mom wants more than this??!!
- Wheat/ Atta-2 cups ( I made it in bulk , served for dinner and the other day for lunch)
- Warm water-as per needed to knead the dough(mixed with enough salt)
- Potatoes-3 ( boiled with salt and mashed )
- Broccoli-1 ( soaked in hot water with some salt and finely chopped )
- Onion-2 medium sized ( finely chopped)
- Ginger-1 inch pc ( finely chopped)
- Garlic-6 cloves ( finely chopped)
- Oil-3 spoonsCumin seeds-a pinch
- Chilly powder-1/2 spoon
- Cilantro leaves-a small bunch( chopped )
- Garam masala powder-1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder-1/2 spoon
How to make:
- first of all knead the atta softly and make to small lemon sized balls..and keep it aside in a closed vessel..
- Now heat a pan with oil.. Splutter cumin seeds and add onion, garlic, ginger.. Stir well with some salt.
- Later add all the spice powders and stir well.. Sauté it for few minutes and then add the mashed potatoes and broccoli..
- Mix all the ingredients well and add more spices or salt if needed..
- Now roll the roti’s/ chapathi’s 1 by 1..take 1 roti and stuff a spoonful of potato-broccoli filling evenly all over the surface..
- Cover this with another roti and stick the sides and roll very softly all over the surface to make it firm..
- Now heat a pan and add ghee or butter as per wish and cook the stuffed Paratas on both the sides till slightly brown..