Fried Chicken Thighs Curry
Hello everyone.. I think I am posting a non-veg recipe after a big gap..!! Yeah, you can see my last few posts were completely vegetarian stuff!! So here I am breaking the pattern with a yummy Chicken Curry..
For marinating Chicken:
- Lemon juice-of half medium sized lemon
- Salt-as per needed
- Chicken Karahi masala powder-2 spoon
- Red chilly powder-1 1/2 spoon
- Pepper powder-1/2 spoon
- Red chilly-2 whole ( cut to half )
- Chicken thighs- 8 pcs ( I took along with skin)
- Onion-2 (NB: finely chopped)
- Tomatoes-2 big( chopped)
- Garlic- 6 cloves( finely chopped)
- Ginger -1/2 inch pc(finely chopped )
- Coconut milk-1 small bowl ( fresh / powder mixed milk)
- Karahi masala-1 spoon
- Red chilly powder-1 spoon
- Turmeric powder-1/2 spoon
- Garam masala powder-1 teaspoon
- Oil-for shallow frying
- Cilantro leaves-a small bunch ( chopped )
How to make:
- First mix all the ingredients of the marinade in a bowl and marinate it in the chicken.. And keep it overnight for better taste!! Or at least keep it for 2-3 hours in refrigerator covered with a lid..
- Heat a wok, ( normally I used to fry in pan!! But this time I took a wok , because I want to make the curry in same oil and pot) with enough oil to shallow fry the Chicken..when the oil is hot , fry chicken pcs till slightly brown..and keep it aside..
- Now remove excess oil from the wok and keep as much as you need to make the masala..add the onion, tomato, ginger & garlic to the oil and sauté well along with some salt..
- Keep this in low flame till it becomes soft and tender..at least for 6-8 minutes. Stir it occasionally and add the liquid marinade left..
- When done, add all the spice powders as given in the list and stir well..cook it for 2-3 minutes.. And later pour some water to this thick masala and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Now add the key ingredient- Coconut milk and mix well.. Then add shallow fried chicken pieces..Also reduce the flame and stir well.. Close with the lid and cook till the curry becomes thick..And finish it off by sprinkling chopped cilantro leaves..!!
And here I am taking this curry to Fiesta Friday party..
Njoy Fried Chicken Curry in Coconut milk folks!!