Spicy Creamy Palak Paneer with Cashew
“Palak”/ Spinach is a healthy ingredient with lot of benefits. It is rich in fiber, good for skin, improves brain function etc etc..
So here is a yummy , spicy authentic Indian curry recipe of Palak Paneer( i.e., Cottage cheese with spinach gravy)!!
I have changed the actual recipe of Palak Paneer according to my family’s taste.. So obviously this version of Palak Paneer with cashew is different from the normal recipe..And another speciality is that no Fresh cream required for this recipe..
And the happiest thing is that I took this curry for my workplace and one of my North Indian friend over there told it tasted AWESOME from the normal Palak Paneer they used to make. It was a great appreciation for me?!!
This creamy Palak Paneer will go well with rice/ roti/ chapathi / any bread.. I’m sure this curry would be the star on the dining table , if you are taking this to a Potluck party or serving for guests..
If you want to know more about the health benefits of Spinach click this link to a read 34 Science-backed health Benefits of spinach by Helen Nichols.
click this link for another yummy Grilled Paneer recipe..
So here is the recipe:
- palak /spinach- 1 small bunch
- cottage cheese/ paneer- 1 small packet (or as per need)
- onion-2 (chopped)
- tomato-2 (chopped)
- milk-1/2 cup
- cashew nuts- a handful
- red chilly powder-1/2 spoon
- turmeric powder-1/2 spoon
- coriander powder- 1 spoon
- garam masala powder- 1 teaspoon
- chicken karahi masala powder- 1 spoon
- oil- as per needed
- butter- 1 1/2 spoon
- cumin seeds-1/2 spoon
- ginger & garlic – 1 spoon (finely chopped)
How to make:
- first of all, soak the washed palak or spinach leaves in hot water till it becomes soft and tender..
- now soak some cashew in milk and keep it aside for atleast 1 -2 hrs..
- heat a pan/ wok..add oil and add cumin seeds , saute it for few minutes..later add onion, tomato,ginger and garlic to this oil and add some salt as per needed.cook it for 4-6 mins with lid closed on low flame.
- now to this mixture add all the spice powders and mix well.
- later add the soaked palak / spinach without any water content to the cooked onion mixture..and cook well with some more salt if needed atleast for 5-6 mins..
- now add the soaked cashew along with milk to the pan and mix with the masala..cook this for sometime and off the flame.
- once the palak masala comes to room temperature, blend it well in a mixer to a smooth green paste..so our creamy gravy is done for the recipe..
- now heat a pan with butter and saute the paneer/ cottage cheese cubes for a while till it becomes slightly brown!! and keep it aside..then in the same pan add the pasted curry and saute well for few mins ..if needed add some water, spice powders or salt..i added some water to make the curry slightly thin and creamy..
- to this add the paneer cubes and let it cook in low flame for 2-3 mins.
- and off the flame once the required consistency is reached. serve it hot..
The curry recipe is equally healthy and yummy as well.. i hope all will try this soon and let me know the feedback :)! if you liked the recipe please do bookmark it for future use..
And here i am taking this to Fiesta Friday.