Aloo Methi(potato with FENUGREEK LEAVES )
I think Aloo-Methi (potato with FENUGREEK LEAVES) is an incredible dish among the North Indian Cuisine..!! Fenugreek leaves are really good for health especially, for diabetic patients.. It plays a good role in controlling the cholesterol level in blood and helps for digestion..
So here is a healthy and popular recipe from North Indian Cuisine-
..Some would be familiar with this recipe .. , still have a look at mine and see how different it is from yours!! For some people this would be entirely new..so next time while going for grocery shopping try to get methi / Fenugreek leaves and try this recipe..
It’s really good to include lot of green leaves in our daily diet.. So here’s another recipe to your list.. If you liked it, bookmark this post and save it for future!!
So here is the recipe:
- Methi / Fenugreek leaves- a bunch ( washed and finely chopped)
- Potatoes-2 ( chopped )
- Onion- 1 big ( finely chopped )
- Ginger-1/2 inch pc( finely chopped)
- Garlic-3-4 cloves ( finely chopped )
- Cumin seeds-1/2 teaspoon
- Oil- 3 spoon
- Turmeric powder-1/4 spoon
- Red chilly powder- 1/2 spoon
- Garam masala powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder- 1 spoon
How to make:
- first of all heat the vessel and oil..when it is hot,splutter cumin seeds and saute for few seconds..now to this add onion,ginger and garlic..saute well till it becomes soft and transparent..
- now add potato and salt to this mixture and cook with the lid closed..let it be cooked well..
- once the potatoes are done,add all the spice powders..mix well with all the ingredients..cook it for another 4 mins or so..
- now lets add the key ingredient-Methi Leaves/ Fenugreek leaves..stir it well with potato and let the leaves shrink and be soft..cook this for 5-8 mins more till the methi leaves get cooked and off the flame.( add more salt and spices if needed!!)
so now Aloo-Methi is done..this dish will be a nice side dish to Chapathi/ Rice or any kind of bread..more than the taste factor,this is a healthy food to your daily diet..
i hope all loved this recipe..do give it a try and let me know how it was:)
and i am taking this to Fiesta Friday party:)
njoy this aloo methi folks:)!!