Red Lentil / Masoor Dal Curry with Shallot
Today I am posting a quick curry recipe which you can do easily.. And that too with the easily available ingredients in our Kitchen..Few days back in my Facebook page one Bachelor friend commented asking for some quick curry recipes they can try after a hectic day at work.. So here is a healthy Red Lentil / Masoor Dal recipe which can be done easily, yet tasty..
It will go well with Pita bread, chapathi or even plain rice.. Added shallots to make it more delicious and healthy..
so here is the recipe:
- Masoor Dal/ red Lentil-3/4 cup( washed and soaked in water for at least 2-3 hours )
- Tomato-2 ( chopped )
- Ginger -1 inch pc ( crushed )
- Garlic- 3 cloves ( crushed )
- Coriander leaves-handful ( chopped )
- Garam masala powder -1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 spoon
- Green chilly-2 ( sliced to half)
For Seasoning/ Tadka:
- Mustard seeds-1/2 spoon
- Cumin seeds- 1/4 spoon
- Red chilly powder- 1/2 spoon
- Shallots- a handful ( slightly crushed )
- Red Chilly-2
- oil-3 spoon
How to make:
- firstly in the pressure cooker , add all the ingredients except for seasoning and mix well.. Add enough water according to the quantity..
- now cook this Dal mixture till the Pressure cooker give 2-3 whistles.. Off the flame and wait till the pressure inside the cooker goes completely..
- now open the pressure cooker and the Lentil might have cooked well with all the rich spicy flavors.if needed add more salt or spices as per taste..
- Now let’s do the next Step of Tadka/Seasoning..Heat a pan , add oil..when it is hot splutter the mustard seeds and later cumin seeds..and finish it off with red chillies and shallots..
- saute the shallots well in this oil for 3-4 mins till it turns slightly brown..now off the flame!!
- Last step is to pour this shallot seasoning to the cooked Dal in the pressure cooker and stir well..
so our easy Pressure cooker Masoor Dal curry is done..you can make this in less than Half an hour..i made 1 more Veg dish –Okra Fry by the time the Dal cooked in the Pressure cooker..
i hope all will try this whenever you are in a hurry or running short of time to cook..Rice and Dal is a good combination!!