Here comes my first post in this new year.. Yeah, I know I’m really late.. Thought to start this new year with a veg recipe that too an unusual one..
So here’s the easy recipe:
- Cauliflower-1 medium sized(finely chopped )
- Coconut -1/4 cup ( grated )
- Cumin seeds-1/2 teaspoon
- Green chilies-3
- Red chilies-3
- Mustard seeds-1/4 teaspoon
- Curry leaves-a small bunch
- Onion-1 big ( finely chopped)
- Coconut oil-2 spoon
- Red chilly powder-1 spoon
- Turmeric powder-1/2 spoon
How to make:
1) first of all crush the coconut, cumin seeds and green chilies well..keep it aside.. This is the key ingredient of Thoran..
2)now heat a wok, add oil and splutter mustard seeds and curry leaves..
3) To this add the onion and spice powders..sauté for a while.. Add salt and stir ..
4)now add Cauliflower and mix with the rest of the ingredients.. If needed add more salt.. Stir well and cook with the lid closed..
5) occasionally stir it and cook till it becomes soft and tender..
6)when the cauliflower is done add the final ingredient Crushed coconut mix.. Stir well and cook for 4-5 mins more..