Naadan Chemmeen Curry:
This is how my mom cooks shrimp..I hope the very same recipe would be followed by almost all keralites?!yeah.. It’s very yummy and Too quick to do..
The shrimp tastes awesome with the rich spicy coconut sauce.. Would go with any kind of rice / bread.. at times,Me and hubby would drink the sauce?!!
Here’s the easy recipe:
- Shrimp-as per needed( I took 300 gram)
- Coconut-1 1/2 cup
- coriander powder-2 1/2 spoon
- Red chilly powder-2 spoon
- kashmiri chilly powder-1 spoon
- turmeric powder-1 1/2 spoon
- Fennel seeds-1 teaspoon
- garam masala powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Onion-1 ( sliced )
- tomato-1( sliced )
- green order cheap tramadol cod chilies-3( sliced half )
- Tamarind paste-made out of small lemon sized tamarind
- gambooge /fish tamarind-2 pieces
- Ginger-1 piece
- garlic -4 cloves
- Shallots-6( finely chopped) , was running short of shallots so I used finely chopped onion
- Chilly powder-1/2 spoon
- coconut oil-2 1/2 spoon
- curry leaves-As per needed
How to make:
1)firstly we have to grind all the ingredients for the curry except shrimp,onion,tomato and green chilies along with 1 cup water to a thick sauce..
2)now in a pot mix onion, tomatoes, green chilies and pour the coconut sauce to this.. Now heat the flame and cook for few minutes..
3) now pour the tamarind paste and fish tamarinds to this mixture and cook with lid closed..add more spices and salt if needed.
4)now let’s add the shrimp to the curry and cook with lid closed again till it gets cooked..
5)off the flame when shrimp is done!
6)now let’s do the thadka part.. Heat a pan and add coconut oil.. Then add chopped shallots and sauté till brown.. Later add chilly powder and curry leaves.. Now off the flame and pour this to our curry and mix well!!
yummy chemmeen curry/ shrimp curry is done??!!
Rice is the best companion for this chemmeen curry with rich coconut sauce!!