Homemade Hummus( my first attempt):
i am very happy to share this particular post and the upcoming 1 as well..?!! Because it was another big wish of mine to prepare a Roasted chicken and hummus just like baking a perfect cake..
And finally that too happened ?!! Yesterday I made it..the recipe of Roasted Chicken is coming on the next post..
we usually used to eat store bought hummus.. This time i made it at home.. Was so fresh and yumm..So thought to share the recipe for those who haven’t yet tried this easy healthy Awesome dip..if you love variety of hummus, here is the recipe of Sundried Jalapeno Hummus!
here’s the recipe of basic Hummus:
- Tahini sauce-1/2 cup( if you are using store bought)
- white sesame seeds -1/4 cup
- olive oil-6 spoon ( as per needed to make paste out of sesame seeds)
- Water- 1/4 cup as per needed
- chickpeas-1 tin( cooked )
- Olive oil-8-10 spoon
- garlic-5 cloves
- lime juice-of 1 small lemon
- Olive oil-for final seasoning
How to make:
1)first lets prepare the tahini.. Mix Half the olive oil, sesame seeds and water.. Blend it till smooth..
2) now add the left oil and blend till smooth creamy paste!!
tahini is done!!
3)now blend the cooked chickpeas and garlic along with some oil for few mins.. Later add the tahini , lime juice and blend till thick smooth consistency of hummus is reached!
Hummus is done!! Add more olive oil while serving and enjoy your crispy spicy treats with homemade hummus dip?!!