“Irachi Pathiri”/ Meat Stuffed Snack( Ramadan Special ):
So the first day of Ramadan passed very well..?!! And here’s one dish i made today..“irachi pathiri” is a typical malabari snack which my family loves to eat..
here’s the recipe of this authentic dish.. I am doing with chicken.. You people can replace the chicken filling with any other meat as per taste..
- all purpose flour-3/4 cup
- wheat floor-3/4 cup ( i used both flours, can also be done only with all purpose flour)
- Boneless chicken- 250 gram or so
- chilly powder-1 teaspoon
- turmeric powder-1 teaspoon
- coriander powder-1 teaspoon
- garam masala-1/2 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Green chilly-1( finely chopped )
- Cilantro leaves-finely chopped
- Onion-3 ( finely chopped )
- Ginger-1 big piece ( crushed )
- garlic-5-6 cloves (Crushed )
- sugar-2 teaspoon
- Oil-enough for deep frying..
How to make:
1)first of all lets make the dough for the roti.. Mix two flours or single flour with some salt.. Press it well to a soft dough by adding enough water..keep it aside!!
2)now boil the chicken in water with garam masala, turmeric powder and salt..if the chicken is done, take it out and chop finely..
( Please don’t drain out the chicken stock )
3) now lets prepare the filling..heat a pan with olive oil.. Add onion,cilantro leaves,chilies and salt..saute well and add the G&G paste.. Now add the masala powders and chicken.. In order to make it a bit wet add the chicken stalk..keep adding when its evaporated..stop the flame when the filling is done..
4)now lets start rolling the dough in a rolling pin just like rotis.. I made 12 roti’s.. that is, for 6 irachi pathiri’s..2 is needed for 1!! Part the filling to 6 portions so that we don’t need to panic at the end??!!
5)spread the filling evenly all over one roti and finish ot off with the other one above.. Fold it by the sides and stick it firmly at the end..
6)now lets deep fry them in oil and keep it aside..
7)now dip the fried pathiri’s in the egg & beaten sugar mixture.. Dip both the sides and just heat it in a pan with some oil spread on it..
8)now the ” irachi pathiri” is ready..
the inside filling is spicy and the outer covering is a bit sweeter..?!!so both the tastes are incorporated into a single snack?!!
Cut to pieces and serve it hot ..today a bit salt was Excess in my filling as it was fasting..rest everything was fine..