Beetroot -Yogurt Curry:
Yogurt curry is one that curry which I love to include in my weekly menu.. Whenever I am making yogurt curry, I try it with different veggies in order to bring variety to the recipe..Beetroot is one among the few vegetables my girl eats.. So I love cooking it along with her another favorite ingredient yogurt!!
I am sure your family and especially kids will love this super easy curry..
- Beetroot-2 medium ( chopped )
- Onion-2 small ( chopped )
- tomato-1 ( chopped )
- curry leaves-5-6
- mustard seeds-1/2 teaspoon
- garlic-4-5 big cloves ( finely chopped )
- red chilly-2
- red chilly powder-1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Yogurt-1 cup
- water-1/2 cup
- oil-1 spoon
How to make:
1) heat the pot.. Add oil.. Later splutter the mustard seeds and red chilly.. Later add the garlic and saute well till nice smell of it comes.,
2)now add the onion and salt .. Cook till it becomes soft..
3) now lets add the beetroot and curry leaves.. Add more salt if needed..
4)cook this till the beetroot becomes soft ..
5) now add tomatoes, masala powders and water.. Mix all together and cook with the lid closed till almost all the water get Evapurated..
6)now off the flame and let it cool for few seconds.. Soon add the yogurt and mix all together..
so our yummy beetroot curry is ready!!
Can be done quickly and without much effort.,tastes great with rice…