Hunan chicken is the starter which my family loves to order when we eat out.. Few days back when we had it last from restaurant mom asked me ” why can’t you try this at home??”
That day i decided to try this wonderful recipe at home with the help of the taste i carried from there..so here’s my version of Hunan Chicken which I created from the taste I carried out from the restaurants):
Today I am taking this to Angie’s Fiesta Friday party.. This is my second time.. Last time I thoroughly enjoyed meeting new friends and new tastes..? Its really fun and Rocking…thank you so much Angie for this great party!!?
- Boneless chicken leg piece-1/2 kg( sliced tall )
- Kashmiri chilly powder-1 teaspoon
- red chilly flakes-1 teaspoon
- pepper powder-1 spoon
- All purpose flour-3 spoon
- corn flour-3 spoon
- Egg white-of 1 egg
- soya sauce-2 spoon ( mixed with some water )
For the thick gravy:
- red chilly-2 ( broke to half )
- olive oil-1 cup( small )
- Green Bell pepper- 1 ( sliced thin )
- onion- 2 medium ( chopped )
- garlic- 1 full ( cut to small pieces )
- ginger-1 big piece ( chopped )
- cashew nuts- a handful ( finely chopped )
- Honey-as per taste
- Tomato ketchup-1 spoon
- Sesame seeds-a pinch
How to make:
1) first of all marinate the chicken pcs well in the marinade and keep aside for 1/2 an hour..( use the soya sauce as per needed and save the left over as we need it later )
2)now fry the chicken in olive oil in batches.. Let it become soft at the same time a bit crispy too..drain it from oil and keep it aside..don’t off the flame!!
3) also don’t drain out the oil used for frying.. Add ginger, garlic, red chilies and cashew to this same oil and saute well…let it become golden brown..
4)Now add the onion& bell peppers.. Along with some salt..cook till it becomes soft..
5)now add the ketchup, left soya suace to this and cook well..
6)now add the fried chicken and mix all together.. Finish it off with honey!! Stir well and serve it to a plate..
7)give the final touch by sprinkling some sesame seeds over it..
Home made Hunan Chicken is ready!!the crispy chicken in honey and ginger garlic & cashew gravy tasted Awesome…
I hope everyone at the party loves this starter… It tasted great and I am really honored to present this newly created recipe with you all..?
happy Fiesta Friday#21..