Crab Curry !! ( with step by step images )
Crab is that one recipe which is really very exciting to make and eat..!! But most of the people got a misconception regarding the crab recipes..some think that we can’t cook it at home..
Of course we can cook crab at home..here’s the recipe of a simple delicious crab curry in Indian taste..
- crab-1 kg
- onion-4 ( thinly sliced )
- tomato-3 ( chopped )
- ginger-1 medium piece( pasted )
- garlic- 8 cloves ( pasted )
- Lemon juice- of 1 lemon
- coriander powder-4 teaspoon
- chilly powder-3 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder- 2 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder-2 teaspoon
- oil-3 spoon( any vegetable oil )
- fenugreek seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
- coconut milk-1 bowl( coconut grind ed with water and fennel seeds and strained )
- Whole garam masala- 1 spoon ( i used cardamom, cinnamon,cloves,black pepper )
How to make:
1) boil the cleaned crabs in a big vessel with lot of water..cook till the color of it turns bright orange-red for 12-15 mins or so…
2)now drain out the water from the cooked crab..and keep it aside!!
3)now keep a big cooking vessel on heat..add some oil to it..
4) now add the fenugreek seeds and saute.. Later add the whole garam masala’s..
5)soon add the onions along with some salt and cook tillsoft..
6)later add the Ginger & Garlic paste( which i did in our traditional rock grinder ) and saute well..
7)now add all the masala powders and tomatoes.. Cook till all the ingredients become soft .. Add more water if needed to get a curry like consistency..
8)now add the crabs to this curry along with the thick coconut milk.. And add the lemon juice also..
9) cook all this together after stirring it well..with the lid closed!! Let the curry’s flavor go inside the crab and become yummy.. Cook for 8 mins and off the flame..
so rich crab curry in coconut milk is done!! Spicy curry adds more flavor and taste to the crab..
have it with any bread/ chapathi / rice..