Creamy kidney beans Curry
Kidney beans or Rajma is a highly nutritious food ingredient which I try to include in our diet somehow.. Each time in a different way to please my non too Veggie family..For me rajma chawal is like a comfort food which I can eat anytime..
So here’s a thick rajma curry enriched with Indian spices…
- Kidney beans( rajma )- 1 small bowl (boiled along with chilly powder,turmeric powder,garam masala powder and salt)
- Cashew nuts / Almonds- 1/4 of small bowl
- Onion-2 ( chopped )
- Tomato-2( chopped )
- Ginger & garlic paste- 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable masala powder- 2 spoon ( available at any Indian grocery shop )
- Turmeric powder- 1 teaspoon
- Chilli powder- 1 teaspoon
- Whole garam masala ingredients- ( as per taste )( bay leaf,cardamom,black pepper,coriander,cinnamon,cumin seeds,cloves)
- Vegetable oil- 2 spoon
- cumin seeds-a pinch
(NB: don’t drain the rajma boiled water.we need that too)
How to make:
- heat the cooking vessel and pour oil..add all the whole spices to this and saute for a while.. now you will get the rich smell of Indian spices..
- add the onions and saute well till it becomes soft along with some salt..
- to this add the cashew nuts / almonds and stir well with the onion…Cook for 5-6 mins..
5. later add all the masala powders and ginger and garlic paste along with a little bit of rajma boiled water.. Cook all together for 4-5 minutes and off the flame..
6.now serve this masala to a plate and let it cool…
7.when the mixture is cool enough blend it in a blender along with some rajma boiled water as per needed.If you want coarsely grained then do it that way..
8.thus we would get a thick paste of onion masala with the creamy texture of nuts..
( NOTE: this paste would go with any veggies or chicken as well)
9.now keep the cooking vessel on flame.. Pour some oil and splutter cumin seeds ,then add the masala paste to it and add more water as per the consistency needed..
10. let it boil for a while and now add the boiled kidney beans( rajma )
11. cook for 5-6 minutes with the lid closed so that the curry get mixed well with rajma..
Now our creamy thick kidney beans ( rajma ) curry is done!!
Serve it along with chapathi/ rice/ any kind of bread..I served it along with Cumin Rice/ Jeera rice made in butter..
It was really delicious..do give it a try..and let me know:)