Hyderabadi shrimp biryani ( step by step images )
Hyderabadi Biryani is an exquisite delicacy among Indian cuisine…its much easy to do and mouthwatery as well…i personally love and njoy preparing Hyderabadi biryani ..
Mostly i’v seen hyderabadi chicken biryani!! But this time I substituted chicken with shrimp?!! It was so special n v all njoyed eating this new recipe..?
Check the recipe…And give a try?
As all the biryani recipe’s this hyderabadi biryani too got 3 major steps..
*Preparing Shrimp Masala
*Dhum process and seasoning
So lets check the ingredients n process!
For preparing Shrimp masala:
Shrimp-1/2 kg( i took almost 26 nos)
Onion- 5 nos (deep fried in ghee till dark brown)
- Chilli powder-2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder- 1 1/2 teaspoon
- garam masala-1 teaspoon
- coriander powder- 1 teaspoon
- curd- 2 spoon
- ginger- 1 big pc( pasted )
- garlic- 5 cloves ( pasted)
- green chilli-5 nos ( pasted )
How to make:
1) add all the above ingredients together in a bowl n mix well.. So that the flavours of all masala is absorbed to shrimp..
2)keep this masala mixture closed in fridge for 30 mins.. by dat tym lets prepare the rice!!
In this type of biryani the rice part is pretty easy..
- Whole garam masala- as per taste ( as shown in image )
- basmati long rice- 1 1/2 cups
- lemon juice – of 1/2 lemon
How to make:
1)wash the rice thoroughly and soak in water for 5 mins..
2)boil sufficient water in a dish .. When its boiled add the whole garam masalas n let the flavour oozes into the water..
3) later squeeze a the lemon juice and mix well along with some salt to the boiling water..
4)now add the rice and let it cook with lid half closed..when the rice is more than half done, off the flame and drain it into a strainer..
The rice is done so well??!!!
So our half job is done successfully.. Because rice is really very important in biryani..
final process and dum:
- Cashew nuts- as per needed( roasted in ghee)
- Raisins- as per needed ( roasted in ghee)
- garam masala-a pinch cilantro leaves- a hand full
- saffron- a pinch milk- 1/4 bowl
- ghee- as per needed
How to do:
1) take the cooking vessel in which we need to make the biryani.. Heat it and add the mixed shrimp masalal directly to this vessel.. No need of extra ghee because v already cooked the onion in ghee…add some cilantro leaves..
2) cook till the shrimp is half done!!the smell coming out of it is awesome??…
3) now add the first layer of rice over the shrimp masala.. And layer it flat along with some ghee spread here n there..
4) now add the second layer of rice over the first..layer it again and here comes the seasoning part… Hmmmm?
5) Sprinkle with the roasted nuts and raisins, cilantro leaves and garam masala powder..later add the key ingredient of Hyderabadi biryani,ie saffron mixed in milk..( if u don’t have saffron it can be substituted with rose water to get the smell).. The smell that comes after pouring saffron mixture over the rice is divine!!!!
6) now close the lid thoroughly with a heavy object over the vessel.. Cook it in low flame for 10-12 mins…
7) so now we are done with our Hyderabadi shrimp biryani?…
so before serving we should keep the white rice in the top ie, the the first top layer rice aside in a plate.. Later mix all the masala mixtures together with the rice in the bottom layer.
Now serve the masala rice along with the shrimps and top it with the white rice.. Now only we would get the exact flavor of typical Hyderabadi biryani??…
add extra taste with curd salad (raitha) and coconut chammanthi:-)
njoy the Hyderabadi Shrimp biryani folks:-)
please do let me know the reviews through likes n comments!!